For Founders, CEOs, and Risk Managers (CIO/CISO)
You need to make decisions every day that impact the survival and growth of your business. You need a method that is repeatable and easily communicated to others.
Even more important is the need to build this capability within your organization, at every level. This book is the roadmap to get you there.
This book is for you if…
- You need to make decisions quickly. You don’t have time for a long-drawn-out process. You need to have a rough idea of what’s at stake now. You can get more detail later if it’s really necessary.
- You want your entire organization to be on the same page, speaking the same language.
- You want to understand the risk to your organization, based on your vulnerabilities, from any new cyber-attack.
- You want to identify risks in your core business functions so you can address them.
- You want to measure your risk reduction, not just count how many patches have been applied.
- You want to be able to ask and answer, any risk-related question.
This book shows you how to quickly make high-level estimates that can be refined later but that support decisions today. This skill is valuable across your entire organization, from the front-line operations staff to the mid-level managers all the way to the top executives. And when everyone has access to the same methods you can all be on the same page when it comes to talking about risk.
At the foundation of risk-informed decisions is the need for a repeatable standards-based method. The Probabilistic Risk Model for Cyber Framework is the most flexible, powerful, and accessible tool for the job. It employs the same probabilistic methods used in epidemiology, seismology as well as space and nuclear safety analysis. It makes it easy to quantify and forecast risk around any risk-related question.
When you’re ready to implement the power of risk informed decisions, set up an appointment to learn how our programs help facilitate the transition for you and your team.