The CISO is such a unique role. You sit between technical staff, executives, and stakeholders, responsible for managing the risk for the organization. You must communicate effectively at every level, sometimes all at once. You must balance corporate growth and technology demands against the ever-changing threat landscape. It’s a tall order, so how are you going to do it? What are the skills you need to be effective in your role? Which are the most important, the top skills?
- The soft skills, dealing with people, effective management of staff
- Technical knowledge applicable to your organization’s architecture, security products, and systems
- Cybersecurity compliance background, understanding of controls and assessment requirements
- Ability to define and measure risk, differentiate and rank risk
- Communication skills, explaining complicated concepts and situations
If any of these feel like areas you’d like to improve, why not have a quick conversation and I’ll give you 3 strategies for improvement – FREE! Schedule that 20-minute chat here.
Charlene Deaver-Vazquez -Helping new CIO/CISO measure, manage and communicate risk. Schedule a quick chat https://www.fismacs.com/contact